Saturday 27th April 2019
St Andrew’s, Plymouth Minster
The 10-Bell Call-Change Competition is organised by the Devon Ringers’ Council and is open to all ringers in Devon. To enter, please apply to Ian Avery, Clerk to the Devon Ringers’ Council at email@example.com
As in previous years, in addition to the 10 bell, an 8 bell competition is being held at Laira at 2.00pm followed by a 6 bell at St Budeaux at 4.00pm.
The day will conclude with the results and meal at The Hunting Lodge, Ivybridge at 7.30pm.
- Teams can be from a tower, deanery, branch, or just a group of people who ring together.
- People can ring for a maximum of two teams but may not ring the same bell for both teams.
- There will be a maximum practice period of 5 minutes allowed after which the bells will stand. Immediately prior to the test piece commencing, 1-2 1-2, 1-2 1-2 will be sounded to alert the judges. The test piece must then commence within 30 seconds.
- Each team will ring the 40 changes shown below. Teams may use either set of changes shown to get into “Queens”. The opening rounds will not be judged and must not be more than 2 minutes. The test piece will be judged from the first change to the last and must be a minimum of 10 minutes. The closing rounds will not be judged.
- Teams may ring with open or closed hand-stroke leads.
- The entry fee is £10 per team.