Tamar Valley Guild Competition at Clawton on Sat 13 October
The Tamar Valley Guild Ringing Competition will be held at St Leonard’s Church, Clawton, Devon EX22 6PS, on Saturday 13 October 2018, start time 3.00 pm, by kind permission of the Vicar and Churchwardens.
There will be 5 Sections, tea & refreshments and raffle prizes to be won.
A Section // 1st Shield & Certificate // 2nd Cup & Certificate // 3rd – 6th Certificates
B Section // 1st Cup & Certificate // 2nd Certificate // 3rd – 6th Certificates
Novice // 1st Shield & Certificate // 2nd Certificate // 3rd – 6th Certificates
Junior Novice // 1st Certificate // 2nd Certificate // 3rd – 6th Certificates
Open Section // 1st Cup & Certificate // 2nd Certificate // 3rd – 6th Certificates
- Teams to ring the peal “Sixties on Thirds”
- Duration of the peal must be not less than 15 minutes.
- All ringers MUST be paid up members of the Guild.
- Towers can enter 2 teams if time is available, subject to the tower having eight paid up Guild members. If time permits, “Scratch” teams may be entered, but whilst the peals will be scored, they will not qualify for any awards.
- Except for the Novice Section, teams must have five regular ringers from their own tower. A Sunday service ringer in more than one tower is eligible to ring for those towers which he/she supports.
- Novice teams must consist of at least four members from their own tower but can borrow from the home team or Officers of the Guild and are to ring the peal “Sixties on Thirds” off the say for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Junior Novice teams to pull out off the stay and ring for six minutes, calling each bell to the back in turn (Short Sixties) and the ringing will be judged from the first to the last change.
- No member may ring the treble for more than one team.
- The entrance fees will be £6-00 per team for the Seniors and £3-00 per team for the Novices and Junior Novices
- The Vicar, Churchwardens and Members of the Tamar Valley Guild of Ringers will not be responsible for any accident, injury or loss which may occur.
- Practice will be available up to 6 October 2018 by arrangement with Clawton.
- The shield and cups remain the property of the Tamar Valley Guild and should be returned each year, duly engraved by the previous year’s winners.
- Non-Guild Members will ring the peal “Sixties on Thirds” only for a minimum of 15 minutes in the Open Section.
Please make every effort to enter this year as we are eager to keep this competition going for the future.
To book a time, please email the Competition Secretary, Adrian Walthoe, at adrian.walthoe[AT]gmail.com, replacing the [AT] with @ of course, or text or phone on 07909 797 656.